Friday, August 20, 2010

Mulberry x Target Preview Sale on Gilt

Two months ago I posted about the upcoming Mulberry x Target collaboration, and today, Gilt had a special preview sale along with the Tucker x Target and John Derian x Target collaborations.

I was brimming with excitement over this sale because we would get a preview of the collection, which was slated for an October 10 release.

I dutifully logged into Gilt at 9am PST on the dot, hand perched on my mouse, ready to attack. But holy crap, the horror. The horror! It was just too early in the morning to see so much ugly. Quilted denim. Cheesy, oversized, studded heart charms. An absolute overuse of patent. Everything in the preview sale was patent. Now, Gilt advertised them as real patent leather, but for pricepoints within the $19.99-$49.99 range, I highly doubt that. I can't confirm that they are or aren't real leather, and I didn't want to chance it. I thought the crossbody was cute, and thought about purchasing it, and I even had a $10 credit, but I didn't want to pay $20 plus shipping for something that could potentially be faux patent (see, the cheap monster rears its ugly head yet again). Now if it is real patent then it's a real bargain, but who knows what these look like in real life. I'd rather wait for the official release and feel these bags up myself.

Of course these bags all sold out within 2 minutes (I kid you not), and I didn't even get a chance to peruse their descriptions until they were all snapped up into members' carts.

Check out the preview below:










Time and time again I'm disappointed by these Target collabs (i.e. Loeffler Randall, Botkier, Jean Paul Gaultier, et cetera, et cetera), but I just keep coming back for more. There's a teeny tiny glimmer of hope that I'm still holding onto, and that's my wish for a bag similar to the Mulberry Alexa once this collection hits stores. Even better, some genuine leather goods.

Please Target, pretty please?

No comments:

Post a Comment