Monday, June 28, 2010

Steve Carrell Set On Leaving "The Office"



I reported last month that Steve Carell would most likely be leaving The Office after the upcoming season seven wraps, and it looks like that story won't be changing anytime soon. In an interview on the Despicable Me red carpet this week he reaffirmed his desire to leave the show once his contract was up.

Via Ausiello files:

“I think [season] 7 will be my last year,” he told us over the weekend at the premiere of his new animated flick, Despicable Me.

“I want to fulfill my contract. I think it’s a good time to move on.”

Asked if there’s anything that could change his mind, Carell said, “No. I just want to spend more time with my family.”


What will The Office be like without Michael Scott? Well, it won't be The Office at all anymore. I'm heartbroken. First the best television show on TV, Damages, gets ripped away from me and is prematurely canceled after only its third season, and now I have to cope with an Office-less Michael Scott? Harsh! I've been a faithful fan of The Office from the beginning and the thought of a Scott-free Office is depressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment