Friday, June 4, 2010

FlashFoward Fans Plan A Mass Blackout 6/10



The fans of FlashForward have planned a mass blackout in front of the Disney/ABC headquarters in Burbank, CA next week (6/10) in order to persuade the bigwigs at ABC to bring the show back to life. Fans will play dead for two minutes and 17 seconds, a timeframe which serves as a central premise in the show. Fans have organized their efforts across multiple cities and plan to film a series of multiple 2:17 blackouts throughout the day.

Tell me this isn't the most ridiculous, borderline crazy, yet oddly awesome thing you've heard in awhile to save a show? I mean, I know there are some diehard fanbases out there, but this has to take the cake. Sending crazy fan mail professing your love for a show in the thousands is one thing, staging a mock blackout in front of the network's HQ? That's devotion. Actually, it's also kind of insane, and downright unsanitary. You don't want to be lying on the ground in L.A. in 85 degree weather for two minutes and 17 second intervals throughout the day. You really don't. I get grossed out just sitting on the sidewalk. Hell, the germaphobe in me can't even quell thoughts of bacteria and diseases when I park it on a bench.

Part of me really wants to drive down there since I work in Burbank, and part of me is really afraid of what I'll find. A mass of people pretending to pass out and play dead on the street? That is some freaky, cult stuff there.

No comments:

Post a Comment