Sunday, January 31, 2010

Taylor Swift wins Album of the Year at 2010 Grammys

Surprised--y/n?

Well, I guess I shouldn't be, but honestly, come on. Swifty is cute and cuddly in those sparkly dresses she wears to e-v-e-r-y single event she goes to and she sings about the ill-fated Romeo and Juliet set to modern day high school drama in a cutesy way, but come on. I thought perhaps Gaga or Sasha Fierce, or maybe even DMB, but I guess not. Well, here's to you, Taylor Swift! Sure has been her year. Kanye West sure did a hell of a job of turning out her career. Now if only he could do the same for himself.

T. Swift's wins aside, performances were pretty boring and predictable. The same goes for the fashion--just atrocious. Can't even comment on anything I liked because that just didn't exist. Does this mean Hollywood is seriously lacking in stylists? Or maybe just good stylists? I want to give these people the benefit of the doubt and just assume they didn't dress themselves. That is except for Taylor Swift. I know that girl just can't pass up an occasion to wear a sparkly dress. I mean, this girl is adorable and all, but please for the love of God, stop wearing sparkles. It's causing me to have a spazz attack everytime I see her on a red carpet.

Interesting combination of artists for the Michael Jackson tribute: Celine Dion, Usher, Carrie Underwood, Jennifer Hudson, and more. Even more interesting that they chose to do it in 3D. I don't know who just stows away some 3D glasses for a rainy day like this. Alright, Grammys, alright. It's been fun, but my interest in this show has started to wane.

The one thing I did fully enjoy tonight? Kings of Leon's wins!

Alright, folks. Full list of televised winners below and complete list of winners here:

Song of the Year
WINNER: "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)" – Beyoncé
"Poker Face" – Lady Gaga
"Pretty Wings" – Maxwell
"Use Somebody" – Kings of Leon
"You Belong With Me" – Taylor Swift

Best Country Album
WINNER: Fearless - Taylor Swift
The Foundation - Zac Brown Band
Twang - George Strait
Defying Gravity - Keith Urban
Call Me Crazy - Lee Ann Womack

Best New Artist
WINNER: Zac Brown Band
Keri Hilson
MGMT
Silversun Pickups
The Ting Tings

Best Comedy Album
WINNER: A Colbert Christmas: The Greatest Gift of All! – Stephen Colbert
Back from the Dead – Spinal Tap
Internet Leaks – "Weird Al" Yankovic
My Weakness Is Strong – Patton Oswalt
Suckin' It for the Holidays – Kathy Griffin
Tall, Dark & Chicano – George Lopez

Record of the Year
WINNER: "Use Somebody" – Kings of Leon
"Halo" – Beyoncé
"I Gotta Feeling" – Black Eyed Peas
"Poker Face" – Lady Gaga
"You Belong With Me" – Taylor Swift

Best Rock Album
WINNER: 21st Century Breakdown - Green Day
Black Ice - AC/DC
Live from Madison Square Garden - Eric Clapton & Steve Winwood
Big Whiskey and the GrooGrux King - Dave Matthews Band
No Line on the Horizon - U2

Best Rap/Sung Collaboration
WINNER: "Run This Town" - Jay-Z, Rihanna & Kanye West
"Ego" - Beyoncé & Kanye West
"Knock You Down" - Keri Hilson, Kanye West & Ne-Yo
"I'm On A Boat" - The Lonely Island & T-Pain
"Dead and Gone" - T.I. & Justin Timberlake

Best Female Pop Vocal Performance
WINNER: "Halo" - Beyoncé
"Hometown Glory" - Adele
"Hot N Cold" - Katy Perry
"Sober" - Pink
"You Belong With Me" - Taylor Swift

Album of the Year
WINNER: Fearless – Taylor Swift
I Am... Sasha Fierce – Beyoncé
The E.N.D. – Black Eyed Peas
The Fame – Lady Gaga
Big Whiskey and the GrooGrux King – Dave Matthews Band

No comments:

Post a Comment