Monday, January 18, 2010

Jean Paul Gaultier, Zac Posen x Target

What popped up all over the internet last week? The much awaited lookbooks of Jean Paul Gaultier and Zac Posen's lines for Target.

I am sad to say that I am very underwhelmed by the results. I had such high hopes for both collections, especially Zac's, but they both seemed to have fallen short. Can't wait to see both collections in person to assess the situation fully, but it's just not looking good. Too bad-- because I really love myself some Zac Posen.

JPG's line has a very youthful feel to it, and not particularly in a good way. Items include tattoo sleeved tops and leggings intermingled with splashy floral prints. Prices range from $17.99 for the swimsuit separates to $199.99 for the leather jackets. The only thing I'm really into at the moment is the trench ($59.99). Check out the rest of the lookbook here. JPG for Target launches March 7th!














Zac's line has an 80s feel to it with items that include brocade, denim, and even a convertible prom dress ($79.99). The items that jump out to me are the lipstick tank ($16.99), that awesome retro suit ($29.99-$49.99), and the neon tiger prints ($39.99 for the dress). Check out the rest of the collection here. Look out for Zac Posen x Target in stores on April 25th.


No comments:

Post a Comment