Monday, January 25, 2010

SAG Awards 2010 Recap

The 16th annual SAG Awards were held last Saturday in LA, and I've got to say, it was an upgrade on the red carpet compared to the Golden Globes. Maybe because it was rainy and cold on the day of the Globes and sunny on the day of the SAGs? Who knows. All I know is that I really loved the turnout of beautiful dresses on the carpet. I have no words for the winners tonight. Just no words. That should suffice as to what I'm feeling as of now.

My favorite looks on the carpet:

Diane Kruger in Jason Wu
Diane always looks beautiful, but she looked like a fabulous, old fashioned movie star on Saturday. I just loved the draping of this Jason Wu. Plus you can't go wrong with mustard yellow. Now critics are accusing her of copying Michelle Williams' famous '06 Oscars Vera Wang look, but I beg to differ. Diane looks gorgeous on her own right, and consistently looks good on the carpet. Besides, the only thing that seems similar between her look and Michelle's look is the color of the dress and since when was it a crime to wear mustard?

Kyra Sedgwick in Vera Wang
How can I explain the perfection behind this look? I've always thought Kyra looked classy on the carpet, but this tops it off. She looks effortlessly youthful and you can always count on Vera to make you look feminine and sexy. I especially love the subtle ruffled bottom and the purple sash. The only con I can possibly list is that it falls right on the side of wedding dress chic, but that's not surprising since it is a Vera. Nonetheless, I think she looks great. Big ups to Kyra's stylist for keeping her dressed in classic looks.

Kate Hudson in Pucci
Not alot of people loved Kate's Globes look, but I thought she looked fab and she's gotten it right again. Styled by Rachel Zoe, she's dressed in a backless and white (yet again) Emilio Pucci. This dress is so incredibly sexy and damn, she has an amazing body.

Vera Farmiga in J. Mendel
I loved Vera in Up in the Air, and it's been refreshing to see her back on the red carpet after being MIA for a few years. Love this J. Mendel dress--the frothy, pastel colors are perfection and I love the bicolor bustier. I'm also into that short, cropped, curled hairstyle that she's been sporting. I think it's perfect for her age, and if anything, it makes her look younger. It's a fun, light look and you can never go wrong with that, especially at the SAGs.

Meryl Streep in Balenciaga
I swear, this woman can do no wrong. I'm clearly biased because I've been a Meryl fan for as long as I can remember and I love her in anything and everything, but this dress just works for in so many ways. It's perfectly suited for her figure and it's age appropriate, but it's definitely not dowdy or matronly. I also love that she sported those sunglasses on the carpet. She just knows she owns it and everyone around her knows too. I love this woman. Good god how I wish she was my fairy godmother or my mentor in life. Seriously, this woman is too amazing for words. I'll stop creepily obsessing over her right about..now.

Anna Paquin in Alexander McQueen
Finally Anna wears something I can get with! I love myself some McQueen, and it fits perfectly on Anna. I really like that she went with a short dress, it makes her look more youthful. She's still such a young woman, but usually her red carpet looks make her look more aged. The only qualms I have are that I wish she had accessorized. This dress has real potential to make you look fierce. Anna was almost there, just not quite.

Full list of winners:

TV Actor in a Comedy Series: Alec Baldwin, “30 Rock”
TV Actress in a Comedy Series: Tina Fey, “30 Rock”
TV Comedy Ensemble: Glee
Motion Picture Supporting Actor: Christoph Waltz, Inglourious Basterds
Motion Picture Supporting Actress: Mo'Nique, Precious
TV Actor in a Drama Series: Michael C. Hall, “Dexter”
TV Actress in a Drama Series: Julianna Marguilies, “The Good Wife”
TV Drama Ensemble: Mad Men
Actor in a Telefilm or Miniseries: Kevin Bacon, “Taking Chance”
Actress in a Telefilm or Miniseries: Drew Barrymore, “Grey Gardens”
Motion Picture Best Actor: Jeff Bridges, Crazy Heart
Motion Picture Best Actress: Sandra Bullock, The Blind Side
Motion Picture Ensemble Cast: Inglourious Basterds
Outstanding Performance by a Stunt Ensemble in a Television Series: 24
Outstanding Performance by a Stunt Ensemble in a Motion Picture: Star Trek

No comments:

Post a Comment