Friday, January 21, 2011

I'm back!

After a disastrous return trip home, I'm finally back from vacation. Don't get me wrong, I love the cold, sharp air of New York and Boston, but I definitely don't love the flight delays the weather creates. Such a pain. A little splatter of rain and all means of transportation are suspended. What ensued after that is too much of a clusterfuck to lay out here and explain, so let me just say, boy, am I glad to be home. It just so happens I returned to 75 degree weather in the middle of winter-- only in CA.

Alrighty. Much to catch up on, most notably the Golden Globes, which was just a big hot mess. Someone please tell me what happened this year on the red carpet. I had to watch with my eyes half closed because it just hurt to look at some of those dresses. What a shame and what a sad, sad way to kick off awards season. Post coming.

On a brighter note, NBC debuted its new Thursday comedy night, which means Parks & Recreation has finally come back and it was AMAZING. Last night's show was also its series high in ratings. Good to see all my fellow Parks & Rec came back for a midseason premiere. Maybe that will teach NBC execs not to bench it next year. Anyone who isn't watching this show needs to start watching right about NOW. The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, aka my not so secret guilty pleasure, had its season finale last night and now I'm pretty much convinced that this is the best Housewives show in the franchise, although Atlanta comes in a close second because that show will always be a big ole crazy mess, and I love it.

More importantly, today is Fringe's debut on Friday, and I will hold onto the delusional hope that this show is staying on air for as long as I have to. So why don't well all spend a nice Friday night in and watch TV's best sci-fi show on air right now? K, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment