Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Quick Bytes

Just a morsel of what's going on as of late:

ENTERTAINMENT:
MOVIES:
  • As discussed in my previous post on oscar buzz, Up in the Air has even more reasons to anticipate winning the almighty golden statue. It has won National Board of Review's best picture award and Anna Kendrick has nabbed best supporting actress. The Board's previous 2 winners of best picture have gone on to win the Academy Award.
  • More National Board winners here.
  • Big ups to Sandra B! The Blind Side dominated the box office last weekend, taking out New Moon's reign. I'd like to think I was part of Sandy's success since I went to see The Blind Side last weekend. Sandra's best performance ever. You get that warm, fuzzy feeling.
  • Also went to see Fantastic Mr. Fox. Amazing! Wes Anderson is brilliant, but I'm sure you all knew that already. Go see!
TV:
  • Heroes: near cancellation? Not surprised, considering their disappointing ratings this season, and the downhill trend on plot themes.
  • CBS cancels long running soap, As the World Turns
  • Bonnie Hunt talkshow canceled -- do I see a trend here?
  • Flash Forward takes a longer hiatus than initially expected, it was due back by January, but now that date has been pushed further back to March. No word on how it will affect a date that's pivotal to the show's plot, April 29. This news also comes after the show had to stop production in order for the writer's to caucus and scramble for better material.
MUSIC:
  • 2010 Grammy nominees: aka awards that will go to Lady Gaga, Beyonce, Taylor Swift, or Kings of Leon
  • Susan Boyle (of X Factor fame) just released a new album ("I Dream a Dream") and how is she doing? Sitting pretty at #1. Turns out you can be 48 and have it all--and, and you don't need to win some reality TV show.
  • Sade releases new single after nearly a decade, "Soldier of Love", new album drops Feb 8th, 2010!
  • Glee: The Music, Volume 2, out now
  • Chris Brown, Graffiti, out now [For the love of GODDD just look at that album cover. I swear it's not Photoshop, that's what's sad. Click to see bigger, because you really need to see it bigger.)
  • 30 Seconds to Mars, This is War, out now
  • Timbaland, Shock Value II, out now [I take back what I said in this post. I wish I wasn't looking forward to its release and in fact, I wish it was never released. Plus no rumored KOL track. What a tease. However, check out Brandy, I mean Bran Nu's, rapping. It's actually not that bad.]
  • Alicia Keys, The Element of Freedom, Dec 15
FICTION:
  • Just finished Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close and now I am a total fangirl for Jonathan Safran Foer. Highly recommended--easily one of my favorite books.
  • Currently reading Everything is Illuminated by you guessed it, Jonathan Safran Foer. Also check out his current nonfiction release Eating Animals, which focuses on a vegan lifestyle and animal cruelty. Excessive fangirling ends right about now.
  • I've also picked up A Little Bit Wicked, an autobiography by Kristin Chenoweth and Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky on sale at B&N! I love myself some Cheno!
  • More books on my must read list on the left. Any reviews?
FASHION:
  • RackedLA has spotted the inexplicable 2 week early launch (and possible snafu on Target's part) of Rodarte's line at the Eagle Rock, CA target. Guess who will be paying a visit tomorrow?
  • Target's next designer? ZAC POSEN. Can I say that louder, now with more schoolgirl glee? ZAC POSEN! Mark that calendar for April 29, 2010!
  • Lara Stone replaces Madonna as the new face of Louis Vuitton. Check out the campaign here.
  • It's that time of year! Sample sale season! A notable few happening this weekend in LA: RVCA, Obey, William Rast and J. Lindeberg, LF warehouse sale. More info here.
  • My newest shoe obsessions:
    YSL sculpted heels and the fabulous Kate Lanphear rocking the boot version[image courtesy of Jak and Jil.] Agh. Perfection!

























    Prada Mohawk sandals and Jane from Sea of Shoes with her amazing pair:














1 comment:

  1. Post grad is very fantastic movie so i really inspired from this movie when i watched this movie first time so please prefer me location from where i can
    Download Post Grad

    ReplyDelete