Tuesday, December 29, 2009

342 Movies in 2009

Cinema 2009 by Kees van Dijkhuizen is a mashup of this year's 342 movies all condensed into a mere seven minutes.

It's an amazing look at 2009's releases and worth the watch. See what you can catch.



Off to watch Nine, it's been getting a slew of mixed reviews, and with Roger Ebert's recent review of two stars (ouch!), I'm apprehensive. He scrutinizes very closely and juxtaposes with Fellini's 81/2. Having never seen 81/2, I guess we'll see how well Rob Marshall's Nine can speak to this generation. I do have high hopes though --many of the featurettes and trailers released look promising.

Saw Up in the Air on Christmas day, and I have to say--it did not disappoint at all. In fact, it was pretty amazing. Movies that get hyped like this usually end up overrated, but Jason Reitman did such a fantastic job. The person that stood out the most though was Anna Kendrick. I'd say her Oscar nom is in the bank.

Okay folks, hope you all enjoyed this year at the movies and I can't wait to see what 2010 has to offer. Happy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment