Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Daily hits

Another day, another job hunt.

Personally, I'm fed up with talking about myself. That seems to be all I do. Submit resume. Embellish skills. Write cheese-filled cover letters. More self obsessing. I wonder--who even reads a cover letter with a straight face?

Since I've been focusing my efforts primarily on the entertainment industry job search, here are some of my daily haunts:

-Time Warner
-Fox
-Disney
-NBC Universal
-Paramount Pictures
-Universal Music
-I Want Media : A really great source with tons of links for job boards
-Mandy : production job listings and casting call lists
-Entertainment Careers : a good source of jobs and internships for the entertainment industry bound post grad
-Craigslist: TFR :tfr=television, film, radio jobs aplenty, but beware of the occasional odd, creepy listings
-Craigslist: MAR : mar=marketing, another great job source
-Indeed : search across multiple databases in various industries with this engine
-Media Bistro : mostly east coast listings for various media jobs
-Ed 2010 : see above

What I really love? Visiting these babies. I can't go a day without checking up on these sites.
Oh no they didn't! My hands down, favorite must read of daily celeb gossip and going-ons
Nikki Finke's Deadline Hollywood Daily : up to date media biz info, nikki's always got the inside scoop
Variety : An industry must-read. pay wall going up in 2010 so read it while you still can!
The Hollywood Reporter : RIP. Their print division will stop circulation by the end of this year.
Scriptshadow : script reviews of movies currently in development or looking for a development deal.
WWD : Women's wear daily. Must read for all fashion lovers.
The Sartorialist : Fashion industry veteran photographs fashion daily on the street of various cities throughout the world
Cocoperez : Perez's spin off that reports on fashion
Laineygossip : good ole' gossipy smut
Nitrolicious : another Wendy who loves fashion

No comments:

Post a Comment