Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tim Burton at LACMA

I visited New York this past January with high hopes of catching the tail end of Tim Burton's exhibit at MoMA. Bf and I carved some time out to visit the museum and of course, I got the month and days right, but I was off by a whole year. Apparently I didn't realize that this year is 2011, not 2010. Genius. Really, a very proud moment for me.

Luckily, Tim Burton's exhibit picked up and came right to me. The exhibit is on display from now until October 31, 2011 at LACMA. It will include artwork from his movies and original drawings, with a total of 700+ pieces on display.

Can't wait to feast my eyes inside Tim Burton's crazy whackadoodle head. This time I know I have the dates and times right, too. Success!

A little tip: LACMA is open everyday except for Wednesday. This exhibit is a special ticketed event and must be purchased ahead of time. You can purchase them directly from the website, and you must specify time and date. The cost is $20 for the general public, and free for any LACMA members.

Now head on over to LACMA, check out the exhibit, and take one of those token photos in front of the ginormous array of lampposts outside and make them your facebook profile picture.

Sound like a good plan?

(Image credit: LA Times Blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment