Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Showtime Cancels "United States of Tara", "The Big C" Season 2 Promo and Behind the Scenes


Showtime canceled United States of Tara last week, and I cried into a bowl of cereal. Okay, not really, but something to that pitiful, depressing effect. I thought they'd at least give this show a 4th season to wrap things up, but alas it just wasn't in the cards for my once beloved show. I admit it was going downhill in seasons 2 and 3, but come on Showtime, show a little love and respect for the fabulous Toni Collette, and her portrayal of Tara Gregson, which earned her an Emmy and a Golden Globe right out of the gate.

Ah well. Time to find a really big cookie.

On the upside, The Big C, another female led Showtime dramedy (I loathe this word and I loathe that I actually use this word) that I absolutely adore, is returning June 27. Words cannot express how much I love Laura Linney and this show. If you haven't watched it, you obviously have been missing a whole lot. Catch up. Now.

Guest stars this season include Alan Alda, Parker Posey, and Hugh Dancy (yes, yes thank you Showtime). Preview season 2 and a behind the scenes snippet:


No comments:

Post a Comment