Monday, July 19, 2010

It's a Miracle! DirecTV Saves 'Damages'!

It's true, it's all very true! Damages has been saved! A couple of months ago, it was widely believed that the show would be canceled due to poor viewership, and I even thought there was no chance of the legal drama coming back. Now I am a HUGE, no--massive, no, wait--ginormous fan of the show, and as much as I hoped for a return, I was sure it was a goner. This was difficult to accept and I mourned and dealt with its cancellation with absolutely no grace. Now I am not ashamed of that. This was my favorite show, damnit, and if it was canceled, I was going to raise all hell. I whined, bitched, and moaned (like any other mature adult would do upon receiving news that their favorite show was most likely down the crapper, I' m sure) about this for weeks on end, with no light at the end of the tunnel.

Today, DirecTV has earned itself a new fan. DirecTV stepped in, just as they did with Friday Night Lights, and saved Damages from cancellation, by ordering two more seasons of the show, which will start airing in 2011. However, instead of airing on DirecTV first, and then on its original network afterwards just as Friday Night Lights did on NBC, Damages will only be airing on DirecTV 101, and not on FX as well.

Read more about this on Deadline Hollywood.

Now it's time for me to go outside (despite this nasty, hot L.A. weather), take a huge breath of air, and scream at the top of my lungs. WEE!

No comments:

Post a Comment