Friday, May 28, 2010

"Sex and the City 2" Opens Strong



You just can't stop these women. The second installment of the Sex and the City movie franchise opened up to a strong $14.3 million on Thursday, setting itself up for big numbers this holiday weekend. The first Sex and the City movie made $26.7 million on its opening day (a Friday). By opening it up on a Thursday and giving itself an extra day in this holiday weekend, Warner Bros can expect a bigger weekend cumulative than the first movie. The original made $57 million its opening weekend. The studio is now expecting a $60+ mil opening for the 4-day weekend, and a $75+ mil opening for the 5 day holiday.

I love these girls, and I am a huge fan of the series, but let's hope this doesn't turn into a third, fourth, etc. SATC movie. I thought the first was fantastic, but this second movie was simply too fantastical. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed all the crazy antics and beautiful clothes, but I didn't feel as connected to this movie as I did to the first. It didn't have the same spark, but it sure did have alot of sparkle, glitter, and loud accoutrements.

Estimates Source.

No comments:

Post a Comment