Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Met Gala 2013

I've crawled out of this rock I've been hiding under after a year of no posts because I just saw the photos from this year's Met gala and man was my reaction visceral. I've never been so appalled. Please Cher, turn back time!

The only person worth mentioning was the lovely Carey Mulligan in Balenciaga:





















Perfection.

She was the savior of the night. Unfortunately, my eyes cannot unsee what's been seen. The image of ugly tulle, over-embellished madness, and ugly plaid prints are going to be burned into my eyeballs forever. The horror. If there's some kind of revival of goth/punk and Scottish highland kilt inspired clothes, I'm going back under that rock I've been hiding under.

See the rest of the arrivals at the Met Gala at Buzzfeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment