Friday, February 26, 2010

Takashi Murakami for Louis Vuitton: "Cosmic Blossom" Collection














I am a huge fan of Takashi Murakami--he's hugely talented and easily one of my favorite modern day artists. I saw his MOCA exhibition a few years ago here in L.A. and it was phenomenal. You may know him best for his collaboration with Louis Vuitton, as he is the man behind the multicolor LV.

With all that said, I've gotta say, I am underwhelmed with his collaboration with LV this time around. I've been waiting a long time to see him collaborate with Louis Vuitton again, but this is quite a disappointment. The colors are just too cloying and the pieces look like they came from a little girl's closet.

Maybe I just need to see them in person. The collection drops April 15. The pochette will be priced at $550, and the tote will come in two sizes: the PM ($1240) and the GM($1480). I wonder why they didn't choose to make the MM size. Hrm.

Photos courtesy Louis Vuitton. Check out more of the collection here.

No comments:

Post a Comment