Sunday, August 29, 2010

2010 Primetime Emmys: Best and Worst Dressed

The fashion at this year's Emmys was a spectral mess. It was all either classically simple or horrifyingly contrived. These women are beautiful enough, there's no need to look like you're trying so hard. At some point, it just becomes embarrassing to watch.

Best dressed:

Simply sequined: Jennifer Carpenter, Claire Danes in Armani Prive


Understated, sleek, and classy: Julie Bowen in J Mendel, Elisabeth Moss in Donna Karan


A textural feast for your eyes: Nina Dobrev in Zuhair Murad, Kyra Sedgwick


White, Grecian perfection: Kim Kardashian in Marchesa, Rose Bryne in Gucci



Worst dressed:

Help me understand what the hell went wrong here. Mindy Kaling and Emily Deschanel, I love you both, but what is this? Mindy Kaling in Aguri Sagimuri, Emily Deschanel in Max Azria Atelier


I love this Alexander McQueen, but I don't love Anna Paquin in this Alexander McQueen. Again, I love Atelier Versace, and most particularly this dress from the spring 2010 lookbook, but January Jones, why would you go and do this dress such an injustice, especially with that dreadful bedhead hair? That's just a damn shame.


Christina Hendricks is definitely a repeat offender when it comes to worst dressed, and this year it was with a Zac Posen. I appreciate her voluptuous figure, but woman, you need to hire a stylist who understands your body. Heidi Klum in Marchesa just offends me. I understand she has legs for miles, but does she need to remind us of that at every social function with an indecently short dress? I mean, how does this woman sit down without revealing her goods to the world?


It just hurts me to look at these. Dianna Agron in Carolina Herrera, Tina Fey in Oscar De La Renta

No comments:

Post a Comment